View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #186
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today's update

TUESDAY, MARCH 03, 2009 12:17 PM, CST

Hello,

Well, I knew this day would come, but thought I'd have some tell tale sign of it. Sicily's numbers are basically non-existent right now. We went in for a CBC this morning. She is also on the edge of needing a transfusion. Nurse Terri said they would go ahead and send us home, but watch her closely. If she complains of hurting, being cold (which she does all the time anyway) or overly sleepy, then I'm to call her. And she can't be around anyone who is or could potentially be sick. I'm going to try to keep the older kids at bay as much as possible.

Terri said to be prepared for a transfusion by Friday if her numbers don't improve by then. We will continue her shots with hopes they will help her. We knew there might be a chance sometime that they wouldn't help, and this time around they really haven't. She still seems like herself and doesn't seem to feel bad. Although I should have known last night that something was up because she voluntarily went to bed and didn't get back up again. Neither one of those things happens...ever!

She heard Nurse Terri say to take it easy, and she is actually listening. She came home and let me tuck her in on the couch to watch a movie and she's fallen asleep. She really likes Terri so I think she intends on doing what she says! Again, I would have never expected her to get such a report as she really seems to be doing good.

She ate her choc chip waffle for breakfast and has drank over two thirds of a bottle of Sobe Lifewater. She said she was really thirsty when we were leaving the clinic so on our way to the elevator we dropped into the snack bar and got her a drink and a snack. I told her we needed to take it easy this afternoon and she replied, "I know." So, we'll do just that.

I want to just pick her up and hold her as she sleeps, but I don't want to disturb her, so I will just watch her and pray that she is having sweet dreams! Everyone have a good day!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!