View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #181
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2009 01:19 PM, CST

Afternoon,

We're doing okay around here. Sicily fell asleep sitting at the kitchen table for lunch...again! Guess the sight and smell of food makes her tired! Kind of hard to eat with your head practically laying on your plate. I moved her to the couch were she woke up, of course. I need for her to take at least a little nap.

I'll be honest, it's sometimes very hard being confined to our house, even for a home body like myself. There are days I feel smothered. Not necessarily by Sicily, but by the fact of knowing we can't go anywhere, for her safety. And yes, sometimes I do feel smothered by Sicily. Any parent would when spending hour after hour and day after day trying to entertain an energetic three-year-old. She is not one to play off by herself or sit for any period of time and watch a movie or tv. I love her with all my heart, yet she does tend to wear me out!!!

She has an appointment at 9:30 tomorrow morning for a CBC and a dose of Vincristine. We're doing the Neupogen shots, as usual, but I don't foresee her numbers being very high since she will have only had three shots by tomorrow. We've learned how to minimize the pain of the shot by having her blow out like she's blowing a bubble while I push the needle in...that helps her to not tense up her tummy and the shot doesn't seem to hurt very much when we do that. Last night she wanted the whole family around to watch. The boys don't mind, but Isabella didn't want to, so she sat by us with her head turned. Guess this has turned into a family event. Whatever it takes! After the fact, she jumps up and excitedly exclaims, "I didn't tense up!" She gets a round of applause from the family! Definitely worth a celebration.

I don't know many kids, yet alone three-year-olds, who don't freak and panic at the idea or sight of a shot. She just accepts that it has to be done. What a blessing...for all of us! She still seems to feel good and was able to play outside yesterday for a bit with the beautiful weather we were having. I'm ready for spring and all the beautiful colors that accompany it. I need a little "rejuvenation!" Easter and spring usually do the trick.

The other kids are doing good, as well. I take Elias back on Monday to check on his wrist and possibly have the cast removed. I haven't gotten close enough to it to see if it "smells like a man"...and have no intention of doing so, either. I'm ready for the weekend and some good ole' family time. Everyone have a good day!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!