View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC209 Rubber Band Stamping {2/23/09}

Are you ready for today's technique? Do you have a good supply of rubber bands ready? Well then, let's begin. I have created a pictorial for you to view (hope this works today) that will explain the technique. It's not a new technique, but one that you may have not done in a while, or perhaps even forgotten about all together. Stamping Servant (Rita) sent me a PM suggesting this fun technique...thanks so much for the suggestion!!!

It's real easy, and you will be amazed and impressed with the results you get.

What you will need:
A wood or acrylic block
Embossing ink (embossing powder is optional)
Cardstock
Inks
Sponge or daubers
  • First you wrap several rubber bands around your block, criss-crossing them in various directions.
  • Next, take your rubber-banded block and ink up the rubber bands with your embossing ink (I used Versamark) and stamp onto your cardstock. I went in several different directions until I had filled the cardstock with the impressions.
  • Now you can either let your embossing ink dry, or if you prefer, you can apply embossing powder and heat emboss.
  • Lastly, apply your ink using your sponges or daubers to add color to the cardstock. The embossing ink, or embossed images will resist the ink, leaving your with a unique design.

Complete your card as desired.

Sound fun? I found it easy to do, and had great results on the first try...that doesn't happen often for me!

To view my samples, CLICK HERE.

To view all the projects using this technique, CLICK HERE.

And don't forget to add the keyword TLC209 (no spaces) when you upload your projects so we can all see your awesome creations.

Hint for next week: Get your crimper out!
Attached Thumbnails
tlc209-rubber-band-technique-instructions.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TLC209.pdf (234.4 KB, 544 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!