View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #177
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE POST #2 FOR TODAY

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2009 06:28 PM, CST

Evening all...second posting for today. We're doing good, lots of wonderful caring people out there.

Sicily and I got a HUGE surprise this afternoon. I was sitting at the little desk in the hospital room with my back to the door. Sicily was sitting in a chair and I heard her kind of gasp and say, "Mom!" I turned around as I had sensed someone had entered the room, and standing there with two balloons in her hand was my mom, Sicily's grandma Parker.

I think I stood there in shock for a minute not really believing my eyes, but it was really her. My mom lives two hours away and came to Tulsa just for the day with her friend who needed to do a little shopping. She didn't tell me she was coming so she could surprise Sicily and I in the hospital, and boy did she. I needed her hug today. It was very healing!

On top of that, Aunt Bett sent Sicily some balloons and she also received a delivery of a teddy bear and little purse from someone who decided to be anonymous. I have an idea that it came from someone in the hospital...a very sweet person in the oncology office!

I also received a call from a friend of the family whose daughter is also battling cancer, and they are going to try to drive from OKC tomorrow to visit us. It's amazing how there can be a bond with someone before you have even met them in person! But we can't wait to see and hug our friend Peyton! My dear old roommate, who's voice has always had such a calming affect on me also called this afternoon.

Makes a person feel pretty good knowing how many wonderful, caring people are out there for us, and we appreciate each and every one of you! Both of our spirits were lifted incredibly today. I get down very easily when I hear news of another child loosing their courageous battle, as precious Chelsea Hicks just did. She was a brave little warrior. It's not too hard for someone like me to put myself in their shoes and the emotions start to become overwhelming.

Sicily is doing really good right now and for that I am soooo thankful. We haven't heard anything about the x-ray results and doubt we will over the weekend.

Patrick is on his way up here with the two middle kids this evening. Sicily is anxious to see her daddy! She fell asleep about half an hour ago so she will be re-charged for daddy's turn to be her companion. It's been pretty quiet on the third floor today...not many other patients it seems.

I've gotta get my stuff together. Thanks for just being there...just knowing there is someone reading this out there in cyberspace is comforting!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!