View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #176
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Update

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2009 12:18 PM, CST

Afternoon,

We're doing okay. This is the first time Sicily has cried about wanting to go home, and it was on the phone to daddy so that was a bit hard.

They were able to start her chemo around 2:40 yesterday afternoon, which is the earliest we've been able to. We watched the news last night for Bob the Builder's appearance and it was on, except instead of seeing Sicily with him, I got a split second's worth of air time. She was standing right beside me but Bob's big stature was in front of her. Oh well, it was still fun. She wanted to watch an episode this morning of his show, but we couldn't find one on tv.

She slept pretty good through the night but ended up wetting the bed and having to get things changed. She must have been in a pretty deep sleep. When she woke up, she still got up and used the bathroom with over 600 mls. She is eating really good this time so far. She's let me order her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch and I brought a bag of cheddar flavored mini rice cakes and she has eaten almost the whole bag between yesterday and today. We spent some of the morning in the playroom working on arts and crafts. She always likes that! And of course, we've been on a walk.

My heart is heavy this morning as one of our little Wilm's warriors earned her angel's wings early this morning. Little Chelsea Hicks was only five years old and it just breaks my heart. So not fair! Please keep her family in your prayers, along as all the other beautiful children fighting this beast! Another Wilm's buddy, Hollyn, is soon to be having a bone marrow transplant. Scary stuff. Please add her family to our prayers, as well.

Even though we have to become accustom to a "new normal" in our lives, it is still so very hard. I was having a hard time packing on Tuesday. Sicily kept asking me what I was doing and I said I was packing for the hospital. I said we have to go stay for awhile again. She asked if we were going to spend the night, and I said we would be needing to spend five. She argued with me and kept saying, "No we're not!" She never gets too upset and when the time comes around to actually go, she's very compliant and does everything we need for her to do. It's still hard.

I should be taking her to preschool and not to the hospital, but as Patrick reminds me..."This is still our life!" So, we'll keep moving forward and be thankful that Sicily handles her treatments so well and is still a happy little girl, for the most part! Thank you all for continuing to lift us up in prayer. This journey is long and tiresome, but we couldn't make it through without all the support we receive! The nurses just came in to get her next round of chemo going. Everyone have a good day!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!