View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #122
TeeGeeDee
Linking Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenevita View Post
CARDS NEEDED FOR THE TROOPS TO SEND HOME TO THEIR FAMILIES!!
Today I received a request for cards to send over to a chaplain in Afghanistan and two chaplains in Iraq. The chaplains distribute the cards so the soldiers have cards to send home to their familes. There is a HUGE need for Mother's Day cards ASAP because the cards have to be sent over at least 8 weeks ahead of the holiday/occasion. If you need to clean out your stash to make room for new goodies, I will gladly accept card fronts, completed cards, and *gasp* commercially made cards for any occasion to give to my friend whose mother sends them to the chaplains. I can finish card fronts and provide envelopes. Thanks for any help you can provide!
I don't usually have any "extra" cards since I seem to only make a card about 3-4 weeks after I should have sent it. HOWEVER ... I am still designing my shoebox project and if I can find my Mother's Day stamp I will incorporate it into the design and make a few extra (the colors might be different than the shoebox).

This is just the direction I needed to finalize (and prep etc.) my shoebox. I knew procrastination had merits!

Also, does anyone remember who was collecting soda can tabs? I couldn't find the thread (only did a quick search and it was from awhile ago). If she is going to be there Saturday I'll pack them. Otherwise, I'll get them mailed next week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!