View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #175
Stazon Splitcoast

Second posting...

Sicily has already taken me on several walks so far...over six times or more around the third floor. Before lunch, one of the volunteers caught us on a walk and asked if we wanted to meet someone special. I already knew who she was speaking of as I saw "someone famous" downstairs in the hospital as I was bringing up our luggage.

There was a camera crew and somewhat of an entourage when we turned a corner in the hallway, and out of a hospital room came.... Bob the Builder. A very BIG Bob the Builder. Sicily started to take a few steps back to me as he was rather intimidating in size. But she surprised me and gave him a hi five and shook his hand, all the while cameras from a local Tulsa tv station were rolling.

I was asked permission for her to be filmed and signed a release form. Little Miss Sicily may make her debut on the evening news tonight. Rather a bit of excitement. Of course, she did not talk at all until we continued on our walk, and out of earshot she said, "He was big!" But she also seemed happy about meeting a famous person! ; ) I'm hoping Patrick can tape the news story if it does indeed air tonight.

This month the hospital is celebrating it's 1st birthday. It is an awesome Children's Hospital. If we can't be at home, this place is not a bad place to be, since we have to do what we are doing!

Well, some little person seems to be getting tired, but refuses to admit it. She keeps wanting to go on more walks, but we ran the battery down on her pump the last time and it needs more time to charge. She just asked to lay in her bed so maybe she will take a little nap. No chemo yet as she has only used the bathroom once and I don't think she's "diluted" enough.

Have a great afternoon.

Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!