View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #173
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2009 06:12 PM, CST

Good Evening,

Happy to report that Sicily's abdominal scans looked good. Her chest and lungs were not scanned so she will need to be x-rayed while in the hospital. I'm not ready to proclaim a NED until that is done! Her numbers are at 959...hopefully they will hold so she can start her next round of chemo on Thursday. If they go below 750, it's a no go. I think she'll be okay.

It was a pretty hectic day as Patrick ended up having to take Sicily by himself. We forgot that she needed to be there early so I stayed home to see the other kids off to school and to be here for them in case of an emergency.

There was a problem getting the dye needed for the CT to go through Sicily's port so it became a bit of a stressful situation until the nurse from the clinic came to the rescue. The only thing Dr. Meyer seemed concerned with right now is Sicily's weight. She weighs the exact amount as she did at her diagnosis. But I have to say in her defense, this little girl works off every calorie and gram of fat she intakes with her level of super charged energy. She very seldom sits and relaxes. If she's awake, she's moving. If I were smart, I'd follow the Sicily Zeka Exercise Program!

Sicily was able to paint some artwork today that will be in the silent auction to benefit the Oklahoma Children's Cancer Association. The auction itself takes place next Friday evening (the 27th) in OKC, but I don't know if we'll be able to be in attendance as it all depends on Sicily's numbers. We'll just have to wait and see.

It's a busy week around here with no signs of slowing. Patrick will attend a breakfast at Corinthian's school in the morning to honor all those students that made the Principal's Honor Roll during the first semester with straight A's. He's doing awesome. He's in advanced placement 7th grade math, which is pre-algebra, and I kid him now and ask him how does it feel to be smarter than your mom in the math department ( I stink at math!!!)? Lucky for him he received his dad's genes in that area!

Corinthian also has his second school sponsored dance Friday night, so he and his buddies will go. I expected before the first one that he might be the type of kid who would end up holding up some wall in the corner of the gym waiting for his sentence to be up, but I was very surprised how excited he and his friend were about the event. Not that Corinthian's isn't a social kid, but there's a much larger school population here compared to his last school, and I didn't know how hard he would try to interact. One less stress knowing he is happy!

Sicily and I have an appointment Thursday morning at 8:00am to get her CBC and hopefully her admitting papers for a penthouse view on the 3rd floor of the Children's Hospital (I love the hospital here...there are views from every room!). This will be one of the long stays, but this is week nine of twenty-five, so we feel like we are making headway!

Dr. Meyer wants her to have one more CT before the end of her treatment protocol, so that has been scheduled for April 21st. That seems so far away but will be here before we know it.

I can't believe Sicily will turn four in April...this birthday will be extra special this year! That's about all the news for now. I will admit that the feeling of anxiety did creep up on me a bit today, mainly because I had to stay home and wasn't able to be by her side. But daddy does so good, even better than mommy sometimes, so it was all well! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the mounds of prayers that were being said today! We'll just keep living life and thanking God for every minute of it!

Love,
Kerry

PS - Peyton...Sicily wanted to say, "HI!" ; )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!