View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #167
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SECOND UPDATE FOR TODAY -- THIS ONE ON BROTHER ELIAS

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 09, 2009 03:36 PM, CST

Second post for today.

Boy, oh boy, oh boy...Elias never disappoints us in the personality department!

As I was walking up to his school to pick him up for his doctor's appointment, I met Mr. Smith, the school principal, on his way out. He said he was just in the office talking with my son and told him to ask and see if he could get a Gortex cast, as it would be waterproof. Elias quickly responded with, "I want an old fashion cast so I can stink like a man!" :~0

My jaw dropped, as you can imagine. I continued on into the office were I was told by the two office staff that they have been entertained (note to self...don't call ahead next time to have Elias wait in the office for me unless I send a roll of duck tape!). We all laughed and I asked E where the whole "man smell" idea came from? I said I know you're not referring to your dad, and one of the lady's piped in and said, "we know...we hear he takes lots of showers!" Okay! How much more info did Elias divulge?

So we go to his appointment and find out that his crack (or "quack" as Sicily refers to it) is on the growth plate in his wrist but it hasn't shifted. If it did (or still does) he may require surgery. Uuuugh! The doctor wrote a note for me to take to the school excusing Elias from PE and all other physical activities for at least the better part of a month. No bike riding, no scooters, no trampoline at the neighbors...basically we're going to need to sit on him inside the house as we cannot take the chance of him injurying it further.
Won't this be fun?

When we were finished getting his cast, which have you guessed the color yet (hint, hint?), Elias asked if there was enough time for him to go back to school? I had planned on making a Sonic run for a slushy, but he chose for me to drive him back to school for the one remaining hour. Waiting to show off his new "red" cast was more than he could handle, so back he went. I felt the need to apologize to his teacher for disrupting the class with what was inevitably a cast signing party, but she thankfully seemed okay with the idea. My thought was maybe it would be better to get it out of the way late in the school day rather than start out tomorrow with it and it becoming an all day hassle. That was my hope, at least.

So, wish us luck in trying to tame our wild animal into a calm, game control holding couch potato for the next month! It's going to be a trial! But again, nothing we can't handle!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!