View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #163
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 07, 2009 10:23 AM, CST

Good Saturday Morning,

Sorry I've been absent from posting. Been pretty busy, but also just liv'in!

Sicily's appointment Thursday morning went well, except the computers in the lab were down so we didn't get her numbers until yesterday and she's at 810. Nurse Terri couldn't tell if they were still on their way down or back on the up swing again, so we will continue with her Neupogen shots. The shots have been hurting her lately, and we finally figured out that she was tensing up her tummy when I was giving them. Last night, she sat in my lap and daddy held one hand and big brother Elias held the other so she could squeeze their hands instead of tightening up her stomach and it didn't bother her. Glad we were able to figure that little glitch out.

It's not much fun to give your little girl a shot and make her cry. She did so good the first round that we thought she'd just continue. Now we know what to do for her.

Thursday was also a big day as I had a meeting at the elementary school to go over our daughter Isabella's IEP (Individual Education Plan). She has had one since preschool as she fit into the category of learning disability. She was tested with numerous tests with the school psychologist and it was determined that she no longer qualified for special services. I was so happy and scared at the same time. This year she was only pulled out for assistance in math, and now will be doing the same work as her peers. This has been a long road, but Isabella is a success story in early intervention. All the hard work her teachers in Kansas invested in her has truly paid off. Yes, I'm scared at the new path we will be walking with her, but she's going to do fine. She's going to get ready to enroll for 6th grade in a couple of weeks. We will be watching her school work extra closely as her teachers will be, as well.

In addition to all that was going on Thursday, Elias feel down after school and hurt his left arm. We've been watching it and have been giving him medicine for the discomfort, but it is still bothering him so Patrick is going to take him to a minor emergency clinic this morning to figure out if it needs more attention. He is such a boy. He has a nice scratch on his chin from sledding last week and a "trampoline burn" on his forehead from the neighbors house. It's always something!

Corinthian is doing good and has been a real big help in entertaining and caring for Sicily. She loves being with him. She will ask me from time to time if we can call him in the middle of the day while he's at school. I have to tell her that his teachers would frown on that idea.

Stowie the cat has been eating rubber bands and disposing of them from one end or the other. New house rule: no leaving rubber bands laying around! Last night I found an episode of House on tv and told Sicily it was on. She asked if anyone was in a hospital bed yet or if anyone was bleeding. I told her no, and I'd call her if anything exciting happened. Not much gets to her. Kind of scary how things like that don't bother her, but also works to her benefit. Kooky kid!

Well, I'm trying to get some small projects done around the house. It's usually a two steps forward, one step back type of thing, but I rejoice in even the smallest of accomplishments! "Yeah, last night I finished up the laundry I started last Sunday...just in time to start it all over again tomorrow!" Day by day! Everyone enjoy the weekend!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!