View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #161
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 04, 2009 03:18 PM, CST
Good Afternoon,

So far another uneventful day around the Zeka household! Sicily did wake up at 4:30am and crawled into bed with mommy and daddy, but no one managed to get back to sleep after that. But she was about as precious as she could be as she laid there and rubbed my back...with freezing cold fingers...no wonder I couldn't get back to sleep.

That early rise has taken it's toll as she feel asleep at the kitchen table just a bit ago right in the middle of eating her chocolate chip Ego waffle (yes, it's afternoon and she's eating a waffle...anything to get her to eat!). She had her legs crossed in the chair and her forehead resting on the very edge of the table. I carried her over to the couch, but not before snapping a couple of pictures, of course (just added one on Facebook). And I love the "ensemble" she chose to wear today...a pink and white OU sweatshirt, black and white checked pants (she looks like a walking racing flag) and hot pink shoes one size too big. She's looking like a trend about ready to take a jump off a cliff! Oh, forgot to mention, under those fashionable duds is a two piece swimming suit. Don't ask! She keeps us in stitches around here! Not too many dull moments.

We spent most of the afternoon working on some Valentine things. She enjoyed "having a job" to do. Our kids are kind of weird that way...if you call something a chore or I need help doing something, it's not much fun to help out old mom. But if you re-label it as a "job," things actually get done, most of the time. At least that's how it works with the two younger kids. The older two see right through me and don't find the game as entertaining!

It's a pretty, yet chilly day outside today. We're looking forward to the weekend as the temperatures are supposed to be relatively warm so Sicily can do her favorite thing...play outside. I was able to talk to the Make A Wish Foundation yesterday and they are granting Sicily her wish. She asked for backyard play equipment and they are giving it to her. She is so excited. It will hopefully be presented sometime in April hopefully around her 4th birthday. Make A Wish is incredably awesome! She will feel so special!

Anyway, Corinthian just got home from school so better go open the lines of communication and find out what is going on in the life of a seventh grader. He's such a cool kid!

Gum chewing is being requested for tomorrow at 10:30 for a dose of Vincristine. Praying Sicily's number are in the "okay" range. I'll report when we get home. Thank you all!!
!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!