View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC206 Recessed Window

First I'd like to thank Fern (dfriley) for serving as guest hostess for the TLC last week while I was away. She did a great job. THANKS FERN!

So on with today's challenge.

What do we do with great works of art? We frame it, of course. That's what we will be doing with today's TLC...framing our works of art.

I saw THIS CARD in the gallery and thought that everyone should frame their art this way. You can find the template as well as directions for this recessed window HERE. THANKS Judy for a great idea!

For my card sample, I modified my card size to a 5.25 X 5.25 square and expanded the window and increased out outer square from 1/8" to 1/4". You can increase the depth size of your frame, just keep in mind that the deeper your frame, the more difficult it would be to mail. While we are discussing mailing these cards, to protect the construction of these cards through the mailing process, extra padding, such as tissue paper should be arranged around the frame on the inside of the card. Better yet, save these creations for hand delivery.

What you will need for this project:

Patterned Paper (or stamp your own)
Scoring tool
Ruler
Craft knife
and the obvious - stamps and adhesive

So now that you have the directions and supplies, let's get framing!

You may see my sample HERE.

To view all of the creations using today's technique, click HERE.

Don't forget to add TLC206 (no spaces) to your keywords when you upload your project.

Hint for next week: You're such a cut up!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!