View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #154
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

THURSDAY, JANUARY 29, 2009 10:55 AM, CST

Hello,

Sorry I've been absent...we are on our third snow day and we've either been playing outside or one kid after another has been playing Webkinz or Club Penguin on the computer...so mom has to wait her turn. We had fun playing outside yesterday, despite the bitter cold. It wasn't too bad. Our backyard has a nice slope to it which feeds into a vacant lot so the kids had a blast sledding down it. Guess we may nix the idea of putting up a fence for now as our yard provides for nice entertainment...maybe for only two or three days out of the year when this area gets snow or ice, but the kids absolutely had a blast! We have my brother Kevin's old wooden sled and it's still in great working condition! He can't get any use out of it as he and his family live in South Carolina, but we've managed to put a couple of sledding miles on it in Kansas and now in eastern Oklahoma. Good memories.

I'm finishing up some packing as Sicily checks in for inpatient chemo at 1:00 today. Her siblings get to tag along with us to the hospital...what fun this afternoon will be! I've packed plenty of movies and a deck of cards. Question is can they get along without constantly bickering and nagging on each other for several hours? Wish us luck!

Sicily's all set with her Hope and Faith bears, which tag along on most trips. Can't get along in life without "hope" and "faith!" ; )

Hopefully school will resume again tomorrow or it may be a really long day at the hospital. With so many bused students in this school district, I guess those with deciding power ride on the side of precaution. Two snow days in a row is enough for me. By the third day, I'm ready to shoo the kids out the door! I'd better finish up my packing. I'll report more later if there is anything worthy. Everyone be safe and stay warm!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!