View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #41
janiekay
Die Cut Diva

Default Thank you for your kind thoughts!

Frankie was my cousin's son, but we are a close knit family, and all my cousin's kids call me Aunt Jane, and I call them my nieces and nephews! But, Frank and his wife were very private. Although the family was right there, and helping in every way, they only shared so much info. Frank was an older cousin, and I was still a kid at 24. He didn't openly talk about the cancer, and I didn't want to pry. So I don't actually know.

All they told everyone was it was in his brainstem, inoperable, and while they were trying chemo and radiation, they stayed at the RMD house in Gainesville Florida.

My cousin lost his job over the amount of time he took off work to be with his son. It was 10 months from diagnosis to death. He was a manager at Bennigan's and they fired him because "he didn't seem to have his mind on his job!" Can you believe it!!!

I never went to Bennigan's again. However, Olive Garden hired him almost immediately as a manager, and the district manager told him the job was his when he was ready for it. They started paying him even though he wasn't working, and even let him have the funeral dinner at the restaurant he was going to manage, and picked up the entire tab. It was amazing. Consequently, I always go to Olive Garden!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!