View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #148
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TUESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2009 12:23 PM, CST

Good Tuesday...

I'm so cold that I have to right in blue. BRRRR! Kids are home from school due to the freezing rain we received yesterday and the sleet today. The little frozen pellets are still tapping on the window of the office as I type. It's really pretty outside except for the sight of our poor weeping willow tree that we planted in October. It's bent completely over, but luckily, as it is young it will most likely rebound without too much damage...a lot, hopefully, like little Sicily with her cancer.

She is doing remarkable. She loves having her siblings home to entertain her. The only thing that would top that is if daddy were home, too. But somebody has to pay for keeping us warm in this house! ; )

I mentioned yesterday that Sicily was losing her hair again...well it's completely gone. She is bald and beautiful once more. She and I sat down last night and had a hair pulling out party. I can actually boast that I pulled my child's hair out, even though the feeling is usually the opposite. She insisted we do it as she had been pulling little chunks out all day and there was no pain involved what so ever. She thought it was fun. We put a little trash bag beside us and manually de-folic'd (if the word even exists) her head! She still could care less about the whole hair matter, and neither could I at this point.

My friend Traci commented after the first hair loss, "at least you know the chemo is working!" And that it is. At least we are hopeful it is. It's working on her hair cells, let's just pray it's also working on any cancer cells that may have been left floating around!

She has a CT scan scheduled for February 17th in OKC to check just that. I'm not feeling any "scanxiety" as of yet as it seems far away and we truly do live one day, and one appointment at a time! Well, I had better get off of here for a bit as this computer has to be shared with others. Everyone please be safe where ever you are and try to keep warm!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!