View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #145
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2009 12:46 PM, CST

Hello, again...second posting for today. Lesson for the day...be careful (and grateful) for what you wish for! Sicily's counts shot up like a rocket to outer space. Unbelievable!!! They are now at a whopping 16,200 (up from 200 just on Tuesday). I had to take a double take when nurse Terri handed me Sicily's CBC report. That may explain her energy, I would assume.

I was actually worried that her numbers wouldn't go up enough before her next inpatient treatment next Thursday. If she happen not to get over 750 next week, her treatment would be delayed and pushed back a week. Terri did explain that yes, her numbers are very, very high, but it's the way Sicily's body is reacting to the Neupogen shots I have been giving her the last nine days. They'll come back down pretty quickly. Needless to say, we get to skip the tenth and last shot in this round that I was supposed to give to her today. YEAH! Nice to know they actually work for her. Her numbers shouldn't sky rocket as high each time as her body will eventually adjust to the medicine.

I seriously doubt this little fire cracker will take a nap today. I've started to not even attempt to put her down because she actually goes down by herself sometimes...usually on the floor and in the most inconvenient places.

Yesterday afternoon, she and I were in the office and she was laying on the floor looking at pictures when she looked up and asked me if she could close her eyes. Of course I said, "yes," and proceeded to ask her is she was tired. Her answer, of course, was "no!" But in less than five minutes she was fast asleep on her back with her arms folded behind her head and her legs up and crossed at the knees. She is notorious for doing things on her terms.

We try to figure out ways for her to think something could be her idea, but she's too smart to play along. She is quite the character. She never ceases to amaze me with the things she notices and picks up on. Her little three and a half years of life have seen and been through so much thus far, but her life circumstances are molding her and building her strength in character and attitude and I don't think there is anything this little half pint can't do!

Being her mom and watching her grow so much these past few months has been an experience that has affected my life, and many of those around us, as well. To deny that God is reaching out to us through her would be a shame. So I am still so thankful for God allowing me to be so open to all that is around me! There is so much more meaning in life these days!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and know you all carry the responsibility for the reason Sicily is doing so well. God listens, and God answers! BTW, please keep praying for our buddy Tanner Creed, as well. He's just not feeling good and we want him to be up and about enjoying his life like a twelve year old boy should!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!