Update #2 for today
TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009 03:39 PM, CST
Hello again, second posting for today.
Sicily and I just got home from an appointment to check counts...and they are LOW. She's at a 200 (remember normal range is 6500 to around 1500). She did not need a transfusion as the two factors they consider for that are hovering above the need, so we will wait. We have another appointment on Friday for Vincristine and she'll get another CBC then. Her nurse strongly suggested not taking her out in public. We really haven't in awhile...keeping with the better safe than sorry motto.
She still seems to be doing really good, all things considering. I guess I acted a little surprised that her numbers were so low mainly because of Sicily's recent activities. She was out riding her bike and scooter a bit this weekend. And I guess I was under the assumption that with the low counts, came low energy...NOT for this little girl. She did fall asleep on the way home from the clinic so she got about a twenty minute nap.
Now she's rearing and ready to go again. She's upstairs playing with her big brother, Corinthian. The prayers to keep this little gal strong are in full affect. Not much slows her down. Again, thanks be to God!!!
I asked the nurse if the Neupogen shots might not be working and she explained that they sometimes take a little time and the main goal for the Neupogen is to help keep the counts from staying low. Sometimes when they drop, they don't want to come back up too quickly. This is hopefully helping them to not stay down for too long. I give her the last shot in this round on Friday, then we're back inpatient the following week beginning on Thursday.
Meanwhile, I look forward to the weekend for more good 'ole family time! Gets us rejuvenated for the next go around! Have a good evening all!