Old 01-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #27
janiekay
Die Cut Diva

Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Talking 3 RMD houses close to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
Hi!!

Janie, I was wondering if you have contacted RMH and they know that they are receiving these items? I donated a bunch of stamps/paper/stamping/scrapping supplies awhile back to the Milwaukee RMH, they were happy to take them and so I dropped them off at the house. Recently, I contacted them about donating my Sizzix to them, but haven't heard back from them. I contacted them approx. 3 times, and even left a voice mail message. I am really confused. If they were not interested, I wouldn't have minded if they declined. KWIM? Let me know if you hear anything.
I knew that you had given some things to them recently from your post on Samantha's thread!!! That is what gave me the idea for this request!!! I do not know what is going on with the RMH in Milwaukee, but they also have one in Madison and one up near Green Bay. I was planning on splitting the items between the houses, unless I didn't get much stuff in. I will call Milwaukee and see what is going on. Maybe they don't know what a Sizzix machine is???? If you want, I can sell it for you on e-bay, and then you can use the money for other items either for RMH or other charities!!! Last I checked, even used sizzix machines were still bringing in good money on e-bay. I can pick it up in Feb when I see you!

I am coming to Milwaukee in Feb., and my daughter lives near the RMH in Madison. Green Bay is a little out of the way, but I'm going to have to bring my car up to Appleton soon for some service, and I thought I would just plan on going up to Green Bay then!

Talk soon!

Jane

PS: I just got accepted into the RAK group!!! WAHOO!!! I'll let everyone know what happens with that!!!

PSS: Thanks Kay! I'm not going to the first house until the end of Feb. Then, I plan to go to the Madison and Green Bay one in March.

PPSS: I have been in Wisconsin for the last 11 years, and I have never seen this much snow here, EVER!!!! The wind has been brutal, and the snow piles are so high in some places, you can barely see the houses or shops or even the snow fence!!! We have a little 3 foot wrought iron fence around our house, and you can only see it in certian areas!!! It has been unbelievable! BUT, I take a Wisconsin winter over a Florida summer anyday!!! I used to live in Orlando and that 98 degrees with 98% humidity just about kill me!!!! My theory is that you can always dress in layers, and put more layers on. If you take off too many layers, you end up getting arrested!!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by janiekay; 01-19-2009 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: added a PPSS
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!