01-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: well, duh!
TLC204 Faux Mosaic
Get out your papers, tacky tape, embossing powder...cause we're gonna make a mosaic...the EASY way.
I saw THIS card by Kathy Torrence a/k/a curlycurlyhair and was reminded about this forgotten technique. It's really very easy to do. Kathy has done a step-by-step tutorial which can be viewed HERE.
There are really only 4 things you will need for today's technique:
Cardstock or patterned paper
Tacky Tape or something similar that can stand up to heat embossing
The steps are simple, but yet yield such a fun effect
Some other ideas might be to try cutting your pieces with decorative scissors or use punched paper or cardstock to create a design for your decorative piece (think stars, hearts, leaves)
To view my sample click HERE.
To view all the samples using this technique, click HERE
Don't forget to use the KEYWORD TLC204 (no spaces) when you upload your cards.
- Tear or cut your pieces of cardstock
- Remove one side of your tacky tape and affix it to a piece of cardstock, covering the entire surface
- Remove the protective film revealing the sticky stuff and lay your torn or cut pieces of cardstock or patterned paper, leaving some space between each piece
- Once you have applied all of the paper or cardstock, pour embossing powder over the piece. The embossing powder will stick to the sticky spaces not covered with paper. Shake or tap off excess embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Complete your card as desired.
Hint for next week: Where'd she go?