Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow **VSN CRUSH MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD**

Each of the challenges will be posted in this locked thread. The posts will include links to the individual challenge threads where you can ask questions or chat.

The first challenge tonight (January 16th) will be posted at 7:00pm EST.

Saturday, January 17th:
The challenges will be posted every hour on the hour from 12:00pm EST through 11pm EST.

You have 45 minutes to complete each challenge. You can play the challenge whenever it's convenient for you, but please stick to the 45 minute time limit.

You can upload your projects for the CRUSH anytime until 10:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, Jan. 18th.

Rule Reminders

1. Please only submit one card per challenge.
2. Do not combine challenges.
3. If you do combine challenges, please submit the card using only one challenge's keyword.
4. And last, don't forget to use the challenge keywords! This is how your cards get found in the gallery!

Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!

With Love,

Your Relationship Experts
Jimmi, Maren and Jennifer
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Default FEB09VSNF1

Title: "Cast Away Love"
Hostess: Frances (StampOwl)
Keyword: FEB09VSNF1
Day/Date: Friday 16th January
Time: 07:00 PM (EST)

One of the things we as stampers love is the papers/cardstock we acquire to create our cards. Often when we are creating we have to �Cast Away� the smaller scraps that come about when we cut into our papers to get the sizes we need to make our cards. Often even these little pieces are hard to just �Cast Away�

Recently I discovered �Scraplings� these are cards that are made using up our scraps we generate when we are creating our cards.

Scraplings are normally 1.25� x 4.25� because they are often made from the off cuts we get when we make a square card (4.25� square) from a piece of card that is 4.25� x 5.5�. However if you are like me your scraplings may be a little wider depending on what you were working on at the time.

My challenge for you today is to create a �Scrapling� using some scraps you have acquired recently. The width of the scrapling should be approx 1.25� ... you can make them a little wider if you so wish as long as they aren�t too wide .... these are meant to be very narrow cards.

Measurements for my samples attached:
Maid for You - 2 3/8 inches wide x 5 1/2 inches long
Hugs & Kisses - 2 inches wide x 5 3/4 inches long
Aussie cardstock is different sizes to what you have in the US so my offcuts are different too

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, January 18th
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mft-scraplings-wm.jpg (57.9 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6608.JPG (27.5 KB, 119 views)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company

Last edited by mmbc; 01-16-2009 at 03:20 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN1

KEYWORD: FEB09VSN1
Title:SAVE THE DATE
DATE: SATURDAY, JANUARY 17TH, 2009
TIME: 12:00 EST (noon)

WELCOME! To the Crush mini VSN! Watch the video below for your challenge. If you can't see the video please refer to the description below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1hSMEi4lYw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1hSMEi4lYw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HERE COMES THE BRIDE.....

That's right! I'm engaged! I got engaged in July and we are planning on having a June 2010 wedding!

So my challenge to you is:
MAKE A "SAVE THE DATE" CARD! It can be in the form of a card/invitation or just as a card front!

THERE IS NO SPECIFIC DATE YOU HAVE TO USE AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE IT WITH A WEDDING-LIKE LOOK!

You can use your anniversary date, make my wedding date up, vow renewal date, birthday, kid's birthday, dog's birthday, due date, your own wedding date, a date when you would like to get married, today's date, tomorrow's date, date you leave for vacation, etc.

MAKE SURE IT SAYS "SAVE THE DATE" SOMEWHERE ON THE CARD!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON (SUNDAY, JANUARY 17th (for mini); SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd (for VSN)
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6611.JPG (39.6 KB, 91 views)

My Blog
My Gallery

Last edited by mmbc; 01-17-2009 at 08:22 AM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN2

Title: "Hunk of Burning Love"
Hostess: Sherry (SherryLC05)
Keyword: FEB09VSN2
Day/Date: Sautrday January 17th
Time: 1:00 PM (EST)

"Your Kisses Lift Me Higher
Like Sweet Song of a Choir
You light my morning sky
With Burning love, Burning love
I'm just a hunk a hunk of burning love...."

My challenge is. . .to make a card using the Burned Batik technique. With this technique you over heat your images while embossing to create a beautiful foundation for your card. Just like when you first fall in love.

You can find the tutorial for Burned Batik here:

Burned Batik

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON (SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th (for mini); SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd (for VSN)

**Supplies needed for this challenge:

Heat Tool
Versamark
Clear Embossing Powder
White Cardstock
Dye Inks (two or more)
Sponges
Water Mist Bottle

Samples:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FEB09VSN2 thumbnail.jpg (50.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6614.JPG (54.3 KB, 89 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN3

Title: "Love Me Tender"
Hostess: Julie (jmasse)
Keyword: FEB09VSN3
Day/Date: Saturday, January 17th
Time: 02:00 PM (EST)

"Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KR-i4ShbaZ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KR-i4ShbaZ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Remember this beautiful Elvis ballad? Remember your first tender love or your first Valentine's Day with that someone special? How many of you went out bought a red fuzzy heart pillow or a cute little (or not so little) teddy bear holding a satin heart? I recall the first Valentine's Day with my (now) husband, I surprised him at his house early in the morning with dozens of balloons, hot coffee and a few little presents, one being a little white fuzzy bear that my children like to play with now! There's something about love that attracts us to cute stuffed toys and tender trinkets.

My challenge to you is to make a card for that "tender" love. Your card must including something soft on it, think about using felt, velvet, feathers, flannel, flocking . . . what do you have that's tender? Bonus points if your tender item is a heart! :smile:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th;

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FEB09VSN3.jpg (57.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg FEB09VSN3 close.jpg (43.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6615.JPG (43.6 KB, 60 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN4

Title: "Hope Chest"
Hostess: Trish ~strongcanadianbeauty~
Keyword: FEB09VSN4
Day/Date: Saturday, January, 17/09
Time: 00:00 PM (EST)

The single most valued and treasured material thing I own and *love* in life is a hope chest my dad made for me only a year or so before he died. He made the work of art by hand and used materials that he had treasured and kept aside just for it. He had a story about each piece he used�where the wood was from, how long he had had the hardware, where the handles (that are mounted on the side) were from �. even the material he used to cover a thick foam cushion that inlays into the lid to form a comfy seat had a story. It was material leftover from when he upholstered my grandmothers travel van back in the 70�s. I keep all of my *loved* treasures in his handy work�.an old glass and brass jewellery box that belonged to my great, great grandmother, my baby blanket, my favourite outfit belonging to each of my children when they were babies, a one dollar bill (these were replaced in Canada by the Loonie in 1987), of course some love letters from my DH are some of my precious treasures I keep in my dad�s labour of *love*.

My challenge is��for you to make your very own treasure box or bag to hold your VSN precious creations or to hold a gift for someone special that you *love*!!!

***All of the tutorials/templates can be adapted to suit your liking�.don�t feel you need to make your box/purse exactly as it shows�.if it uses something you don�t have or don�t want to use then skip that step. Eg. the �A2 box� template shows to use the scallop edge punch for the lid but I don�t have that punch so I skipped this step. I also used the �purse for 20 cards & envelopes� template but didn�t make the ribbon handles. So go ahead and make it your own and most importantly have fun!! ***

Here are some tutorials/templates to help you along:

A2 box by Beate (you can play with the size to make it bigger, the tutorial explains how)

Double pocket bag by Jenn Diercks

Origami box by Jenn

Purse for 20 cards & Envelopes template Designed by Melissa Roberts and Adapted by Sandi Dailey can be found attached below thumbnail pics.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th

Attached Images
File Type: jpg A2 card box.jpg (39.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Purse box.jpg (44.7 KB, 47 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Purse_for_20_Cards_&_Envelopes.pdf (98.5 KB, 30 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN5

Title: The Four Somethings
Hostess: Heather aka HEBrown
Keyword: FEB09VSN5
Day/Date: Jan. 17th
Time: 4:00 PM EST

Intro...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CETxPPc60Xo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CETxPPc60Xo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Challenge is to make a card using something new, something blue, something old, and something borrowed/gifted.

Have Fun!!!
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6618.JPG (33.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Heather.jpg (24.8 KB, 45 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN6

Title: "Chocolate Box of Love"
Hostess: Sara (sarahenton)
Keyword: FEB09VSN6
Day/Date: Saturday 17th January
Time: 05:00 PM (EST)

I know we're always asking you to think outside the box, this time I'm asking you to think inside the box. Or at least use it as inspiration.

My challenge for you today is to use this old box of chocolates as your inspiration, use the shape, the picture, the colors to inspire you to make your creation.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, January 18th

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChocolateBox.jpg (138.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Chocolate.jpg (65.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6619.JPG (35.0 KB, 47 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN7

Title: "Where the Heart is"
Hostess: Judy (Disneywed)
Keyword: FEB09VSN7
DAY/DATE:Saturday January 17th
Time: 6:00pm (EST)

"You don't want to be in love...you want to be in love in a movie" says Becky to her best friend Annie in Sleepless in Seattle.

And....who doesn't?? Harry & Sally / Rose & Jack/ Rick & Ilsa / Forrest & Jenny / Mr Darcy & Elizabeth...these are some wonderful romances here!!

So here is the challenge...create a card where you are inspired by a particular romantic movie or love story...how literally you translate the movie into your card is totally up to you. Please note the movie you chose in your description of the card. Here is a link of romantic movies in case you are stuck. There are no supply restrictions for this challenge, the sky is the limit.

Have fun with the challenge, and thanks for plying...I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Here is mine...I always take challenges WAY too literally and this is no exception....anyone want to take a wild guess? LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN 7.jpg (59.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6620.JPG (30.9 KB, 62 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN8

KEYWORD FEB09VSN8 ~"Weave, Weave, Weave Us Together" Chat Thread

Title: " Weave, Weave, Weave Us Together "
Hostess: Diane (diane617)
Keyword: FEB09VSN8
Day/Date: Saturday January 17, 2009
Time: 07:00 PM (EST)

Weave, Weave, Weave Us Together
Weave us together in harmony and LOVE!

(it�s a Girl Scout song)
My challenge is to take the strips you trim from layers and weave them together and use them in a card. You could also take a mistake (maybe you stamped an incomplete image or a background didn�t turn out as you planned) and cut that into strips and no one will ever know when it�s woven! Feel free to mix and match colors and prints, it will look great too. There are a couple of ways to accomplish the weaving:
First method: I use a piece of scrap printer paper as a base. Run a bit of adhesive along one edge of the scrap paper and use this to attach strips (warp). This will add stability as you begin weaving the weft strips. Now take more strips and weave them across the warp strips. Pushing the strips tight together will give the piece stability, but if you like a loose weave, use a layer piece in place of scrap paper to stabilize your weaving. When you have the size you like you can carefully remove it from the scrap paper and trim to the size you need. Leave irregular ends or trim evenly, that�s your call, but use the weaving on a card. You will need to apply glue along the outside strips to prevent unweaving (ask me how I know) before attaching
Alternative method: cut slits in a layer piece and run your strips through the slits, just like we learned to make placemats in first grade!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DH VSN Weave an Easter Card.jpg (138.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6621.JPG (28.8 KB, 48 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN9

Title: Holiday you are most in love with
Hostess: Melinda AKA WonkaIsMyCat
Keyword: FEB09VSN9
Day/Date: Jan. 17th
Time: 08:00 PM (EST)

We all LOVE holidays, right? Food, Fun, Food, Family....MORE food. Well, at least that's the way it goes at my place. And any ole holiday will do, too. For us, any excuse to get together and eat is a holiday.

So my challenge to you is to make a card inspired by the holiday you are MOST IN LOVE with. When you submit your challenge, be sure to add a comment about WHY you are so much in love with this holiday.

For my sample card, I was inspired by Christmas. I mean really -- it is the only time I can decorate with glitter and sparkles and not be gaudy!! So my card challenge uses sparkling embossing powder, beads (what Christmas ensemble is complete without beads??) and jewels.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN Card Challenge MKM 09.jpg (72.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6622.JPG (38.2 KB, 46 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN10

Title: Candy Topped Love
Hostess: SeattleStamper
Keyword: FEB09VSN10
Day/Date: Saturday January 17, 2009
Time: 09:00 PM (EST)

One of my favorite things to hand out to friends and family on any holiday is a little candy filled bag topped with a cute themed topper. Sure they like the candy but the topper is what they love to see and keeps this treat new and fun each time.

Your challenge is to create a topper for a bag of candy. This can be any size and even just the topper if you don't have candy and/or a cello bag handy, it can always be added later.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON (SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th

**Supplies needed for this challenge: Candy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sarah.jpg (35.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6623.JPG (32.3 KB, 39 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN11

Title: "I love to Collect...."
Hostess: Luvfrogs (Laurel)
Keyword: FEB09VSN11
Day/Date: January 17, 2009
Time: 10:00 PM (EST)

Soooo, what is your love? What makes you go weak in the knees?
What does everyone buy for you?

Well your favorite collectible of course~
This is your chance ~ I want you to showcase your love of collecting on a card!
Maybe for you it is spoons, or plates, or bells, or baseball cards...whatever it is that you LOVE to collect, I want to see it!
Please use your favorite color combo ( for me anything in green will do) :mrgreen: in order to do your collectable justice.
I can't wait to see what you love.....

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Here are my...LOVE....samples!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN Sample11.JPG (108.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg VSN Friendly Frogs.JPG (97.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6624.JPG (40.0 KB, 43 views)

My Blog
My Gallery
Stazon Splitcoast

Default FEB09VSN12

Title: "Wrapped Up With LOVE"
Hostess: Carolina (craftycaro)
Keyword: FEB09VSN12
Day/Date: Saturday, January 17
Time: 11:00 PM (EST)

Chocolates, Caramels or a Lollipop Treat...show your love with your favorite sweets!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uITjbYUyrJI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uITjbYUyrJI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I love making treat holders and couldn't think of a better occasion than Valentine's day! My challenge for you today is to make a Valentine Treat Holder. To get you started, below are some some fun ones I've come up with as well as some links to treat holder tutorials here on SCS.

Cupid Poop Box:
This treat holder was inspired by this poem my sister received for Valentine's last year from one of her students. Not sure where he got it from, but I thought it was worth sharing. It reads as follows:

I couldn't send you flowers
And candy wouldn't do
And mushy cards just didn't
Say the things I want them to.
So I got you something special
And here's the inside scoop
I found you something very rare
It's genuine Cupid poop

**Supplies needed for this treat holder: Candy (red hearts, red M&M's, or any special Valentine candy); Cellophane bag; Sticky Strip or Double-sided Tape; Velcro; Card Stock; Any stamps or Embellishments you'd like to use.

The base for the treat holder is 3-1/4" x 11". On the 11" side score at 10", 6", 5" and 4". Now decorate as you'd like, fold along the score lines; and add the cellophane bag filled with candy to the inside of the bag with stick strip and use Velcro for closure.

Treat Box Holder:
For this next treat holder, there's a lot of scoring and some cutting. I've included a sample of what your box should look like when done. Make sure to fold on the score lines well so you have an easy time putting it together.

**Supplies needed for this treat holder: Treat of your choice; Cellophane bag; Sticky Strip or Double-sided Tape; Velcro; Card Stock; Any stamps or Embellishments you'd like to use.

You'll start with a 9-1/4" x 6-1/2" card stock.
On the 9-1/4" side score at: 1/2", 7/8", 1-1/4", 4-7/8", 5-1/4", and 5-3/8"
On the 6-1/2" side score at: 1/2", 1-3/8", 5", 5-3/8"

Cut the white spaces indicated on the template, decorate as you'd like and assemble it by adding one strip of sticky strip or double stick tape to the small flap (1/2") on the 9-1/2" side.

- - - - -
Here are some of my favorite tutorials here on SCS :

Box in a Bag

Diaper Fold Pouch

2-5-7-10 Box

Tiny Treat Box

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON (SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th)
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Here are my samples, template, and poem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BoxTemplate.jpg (33.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg CupidPoop_Box_SCS.jpg (188.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg HooLoveU_Box_SCS.jpg (183.0 KB, 30 views)

My Blog
My Gallery