Mailing Swaps to the Hostess
Most hostesses will post mailing instructions. Here are some things to remember:
- Mail your swaps in a sturdy envelope. There is nothing worse than spending time and effort on beautiful swaps only to have your envelope rip open and spill the contents.
- Put your swaps in a plastic ziplock-type bag along with your address somewhere on the bag. Place that into your sturdy envelope. Postal machines have been known to rip open or tear the outer envelope. If your envelope rips and the plastic bag comes out with your address on it, the post office will sometimes mail your plastic bag and its contents back to you. Also, once delivered, envelopes have been known to be left exposed to the elements. They will be protected in a plastic ziplock-type bag.
- Make sure you have the correct postage. Your swaps may be returned by the post office if you do not have enough postage on it. It may also cause your swaps to be late. Hostesses have the right to refuse a package if the postal carrier asks them for any postage due.
- Delivery Confirmation is highly suggested. It makes it easier to track packages that never made it to their destination.
- If you are mailing internationally, please mail your swaps to your hostess EARLY. International mail can take much longer than domestic mail.