View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #279
glitterdovefairy
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to glitterdovefairy Send a message via Yahoo to glitterdovefairy

I want to get some thoughts on something. I got two face mask recipes off martha stewart. I am trying to figure out if either of these could be mixed up and put into an altered jar for a gift. One has oatmeal which I worry would get too soft with time, but seems to be the best option. The other has cucumber which I am more concerned could go bad. What do you think...

Oatmeal and raw honey mask
Ideal for dry skin, the oatmeal and raw honey mask helps soften skin, moisturizing the upper layers, and leaving it vibrant and radiant. To make, simply combine 1 cup oatmeal and 1 cup filtered warm water in a bowl and allow the oatmeal to absorb the water. Add 1/2 cup raw organic honey and mix well. Apply mixture to a clean face and neck and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing with cool water.

Aloe and cucumber mask
This hydrating mask helps soothe irritated skin. To make, simply combine 1 large chopped aloe plant leaf (or 1 cup aloe juice) and 1 cup chopped cucumber in a blender. Apply to clean face and leave on 30 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!