View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #134
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today's Update

FRIDAY, JANUARY 16, 2009 11:34 AM, CST

Good day,

Sicily had her appointment this morning to check her counts, which are in the "okay" range, and she got a dose of Vincristine. She used to get this drug as a quick "push" into her port, but the protocol has changed for the administering of this particular medicine and has to be given as an IV drip now. The only difference is that it now takes about twenty minutes instead of twenty seconds, and she has to drag an IV tower around the playroom, but do you think that slows her down...NAH!!!

We have to wait awhile each time for her blood work so it really doesn't matter too much. I will take her back in next Tuesday for counts again and then back on Friday for another dose of Vincristine. She will be admitted on Thursday, the 29th for her shorter inpatient treatment. It should be three days but I think it usually comes out to be a day longer, as the other inpatient stay was.

Sicily is in good spirits. She never went to sleep for her nap yesterday afternoon, so I gave up trying. Instead, as Patrick was running the other kids around to their evening activities last night, Sicily curled up on the floor near the kitchen and fell asleep. I covered her up with a blanket and the next time I checked on her, Stowie the cat was curled up beside her. That kitty loves to lay on blankets, but I like to think she loves her little friend, Sicily, more. It was so cute and sweet.

It's funny how animals can sense certain things. Stowie has become more and more tolerant of Sicily and I honestly think she understands Sicily's need for her. Love that kitty!

Well, I'm going to try to attempt to get Sicily to take an "earlier" nap today so I can give her a shot around 2:00. She asked if she was going to get a shot today and I said, "Yes, you have eight more days of them." She said, "Okay." Okay? She is so amazing! I still can't get over how she just accepts things. I still believe it's all a blessing with her age, but she has something else. Maturity! She has maturity beyond her three and half years! That's definitely a very big blessing from God!

Everyone enjoy your Friday...I love the weekends when we are all home together. We may be in different rooms or floors of the house, but we're still all under one roof!

Love you all!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!