View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #594
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I am a few days out of surgery and doing OK...other than it hurts. I am off crutches though and use the cane only when Mark is looking. I have enough furniture, counter tops and things to hang on to if I need it. I am being really good and doing the exercises. My only major complaint is that I am so very tired. At first I knew it came from the pain meds but I have decreased them a lot. The day after surgery, both Mark and I slept the entire day. Now it is just naps and I fall asleep while reading or using the computer etc. I will read something and then fall asleep and dream about what I read. It is so weird.

I start PT at their facility in a week. Not looking forward to all the driving Mark has to do to go there. Bummer. But I just found out that there are 2 Holiday Inn type hotels a mile from us that will let us use their heated pool for 1 dollar a day., I think I will try ad talk the PT people into just telling me what to do and I will do it in the water. Much more comfortable on the rest of my joints and I can do it at my leisure.

I am glad it is over. Now onto to other things.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!