View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #133
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Today's update

THURSDAY, JANUARY 15, 2009 01:09 PM, CST

Hello,

Good day so far. I just read Sicily a story and put her down for a nap. Not sure she will go to sleep very quickly as she insisted on having Stowie the cat in with her. I may need to go rescue Stowie in a bit.

Today Sicily has an increased appetite. She ate well for breakfast and lunch. I gave her a shot right before tucking her into bed. At first she ran and sat on the stairs when I said it was shot time, but then when I said I could just as easily give it to her there or she could sit in my lap as I did it, she came over and plopped down on my lap. It's over in no time and she will soon get more used to it, I believe. She doesn't cry or even flinch, so I know it's just the sound of the words, "time for a shot," that cause her alarm. It's for ten days after each hospital stay, to my understanding. We have an appointment in the morning for CBC and I will ask a few more questions.

All in all, things are going well for Sicily right now and we are so very thankful! She is so fun to be around with her little personality. She still manages to be a little stinker from time to time...but that is our little Sicily. She hasn't complained of anything painful or uncomfortable. I still wait with caution, as the ugly chemo side effects could raise their vicious heads at any time.

That is why we enjoy each day and moment that she is herself!!! There is nothing more wonderful than hearing her say, "I love you too much!" A phrase she coined herself. Instead of saying she wants a lot of something, she's always said, "Give me too much." From that evolved her "love you too much!" Patrick and I love hearing that. She also likes to say, "Love you the mostest!" I hear that several times a day. I "love it too much!"

Everyone have a great day and stay warm where ever you are...even down here in Oklahoma, we're at a bone chill'in ten degrees...Ouch!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!