View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #130
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest update from Sicily's CB site.....

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2009 09:41 AM, CST

Good Morning,

We made it home yesterday a little after noon and Sicily and Stowie were happy to see one another! She got right to work cooking in her pink kitchen and brought me all kinds of interesting food combinations! She's still doing good, no major complaints...which is totally fantastic.

I've talked to her about the home healthcare nurse coming later this morning to teach mommy to giver her the shots. She seems okay with it, time will tell! I think she'll do fine. She proudly told several of the nurses whose care she was in at the hospital, "I'm brave!" They agreed! I love her confidence! When she says she's brave, it makes mommy brave, as well! We continue to need that braveness as we march onward!

I need to ask for more prayers for our Wilm's Warrior buddy, Tanner Creed...he is back in the hospital as they are trying to figure out how to control the chemo side affects of pain that he has been experiencing for awhile. It is so hard to watch your child suffer and not feel like you can do much about it. I'm glad they are where they can hopefully help with the matter, even though it stinks to have to be hospitalized for it!

Sicily has as appointment Friday morning for a CBC and I think a potential Vincristine push...I'm not sure of her exact schedule of treatment...it's hard to calculate the week we're supposed to be on when we spent almost a week inpatient. I'm sure I'll get it figured out soon. I just like to know since I am such a planner...I want to work on "planning" other things in our lives, since we are still trying to live them!

Well, I'd better run. Sicily just came in to ask if she could feed kitty her treats...that could end up being the whole bag. I am soooo very thankful for how things are progressing along right now! God is listening...and answering!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!