View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC203 Origami Box

Ok technique lovers. Here's a little project that would make a nice gift, or just to make for yourself. It's a no glue, no tape box. I actually made several of these boxes to sit on my craft table to hold little punched shapes that I didn't use, but wanted to at some point. They make handy little organizational holders for little bits of this and that.

I saw this box from Melissa Stout a/k/a mstout928 in this post. She has all the measurements for the box cover listed in this post as well. The PDF file for the folding instructions for the Origami Box is attached to this post. It's REALLY easy, so fear not!

However; for my sample, the box itself didn't require any glue or tape...just a piece of 12 X 12 paper and bone folder...but I made a cover for mine that required a little glue and some tacky tape (see Melissa's instructions above). Read on if you're interested:

What you will need for this project:
  • 12 X 12 piece of patterned paper (double or single sided pattern) for the no-glue Origami Box
  • 2 sheets of double sided paper - 5 1/4" x 12" (for the cover, if you are making on of these)
  • One sheet of lightweight chipboard - 5 1/4" X 12" (again, for the cover only) (I used the backing from a legal sized note pad)
  • Craft glue or glue stick (for cover only)
  • Ribbon (for cover closure, or you may use another type of closure)

Using your 12 X 12 piece of patterned paper, follow the instructions for the fold that is in the PDF file (attached)

Decorate and set aside. If you are only making the box, then you are done! If you want to make a cute cover for your box, read on...

Using your 2) 5-1/4" X 12" pieces of designer paper and your lightweight chipboard, score at 4 7/8" and 7 1/8". Check the folds against your box for any minor adjustments in folds.

Glue your patterned paper to each side of the chipboard, maintaining your folds. Let the glue dry.

Place ribbon under the box, wrap the cover around the box and adhere with sticky strip.

Isn't it lovely?! Now what will you put inside? Some yummy treats, love notes, note cards? It's up to you.

To see my sample (I have 3 views) , click HERE
or HERE
or HERE

To view all the samples using this technique, click HERE

Be sure to use the KEYWORD TLC203 (no spaces).

Hint for next week: Embossing powder will pave the way.

One more thing: Have you ever wished that you could be notified when a new TLC has been posted? Well now you can. Check out this THREAD for instructions on how to get updates delivered directly to your inbox.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Origami Box_Diagram for TLC203.pdf (45.4 KB, 9012 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!