View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #124
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SUNDAY, JANUARY 11, 2009 09:42 AM, CST

Good Sunday Morning,

Sicily is still doing good. It's such a blessing. Even though she has no outward appearances of being on chemo right now, my mind still knows what is going on in her little body. But, I am just so very thankful for her resolve.

I picked up the phone to call her this morning and I didn't hear a dial tone...the phone hadn't rung, so I said "Hello?" and heard a "Hi mommy!" One of those coincidental moments.

Last night, Patrick said the nurses said they've never seen a three year old act the way she does in the hospital. We still can't believe her ourselves. God made her very strong and very special as He knew what she would need to endure.

I laugh, though, at some of her behavior as she comes across to others who don't know her well, or even some that do, as a quiet, stoic little gal...when the opposite is actually the case with her. Our priest, Father Joe, stopped by for a visit on Friday and she didn't breathe a word to him, as she does so often. But as soon as he had walked back down the hall and turned the corner, she looked at me and excitedly said, "that was my friend, Father Joe!"

Patrick and I haven't yet instilled in her too much the practice of not talking to strangers when mom and dad aren't around, she just does it on her own...like she has a personal MUTE button. Like the Staples commercials...her "easy" button is instead a "mute - I'm not going to talk to anyone" button! Maybe that is just her coping mechanism, I don't really know.

She has such an adorable personality when she warms up a little, and that shines through for many...I just wish everyone could see it! In due time.

I'll be heading back to the hospital this afternoon to take over as Patrick will come home and help the older kids with their homework and shuttle them to their church activities this evening. We should be released sometime on Tuesday.

We will have an appointment on Friday for her CBC and a push of Vincristine. This hospital stay went so much better than I had anticipated. They may not all go this smoothly, but just knowing they can has broken down the dread I felt for future stays!

Everyone have a blessed Sunday...and thanks be to God for listening to all the prayers...can you all see them working as we do? Awesome!!!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!