View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #123
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SATURDAY, JANUARY 10, 2009 10:04 AM, CST

Morning,

Patrick reported that Sicily had a pretty good night. She was up around 7:30 and was waiting for her oatmeal to be delivered before taking daddy on the first of probably a hundred walks today!

Last night when the nurses came in at 7:00 to start her chemo, they asked her to show them her identification bracelet so they could compare it with the numbers on the chemo bags and when she pulled up the sleeve on her sweatshirt, it wasn't there. She is not very fond of it and has been wiggling it off and on all day. I figured she had probably lost it, accidentally of course, on one of the walking excursions earlier.

One of the nurses said, "that's okay, we'll just get you a new one." Sicily proceeded to slide off the bed and pulled the covers back from the end to expose where she had hidden her bracelet. The nurses looked at me and laughed saying that was about the cutest thing they'd seen all day. She is quite the character and still manages to surprise her mommy and daddy with the creative and sometimes sneaky things she does.

While her Aunt Pat and Uncle Robert were visiting again yesterday morning, she even attempted to play a game of hide and seek around the 3rd floor. As you can probably imagine, there aren't too many places to really hide, but we got a little creative. Aunt Pat brought her a new movie which she loves. It will be the new favorite for awhile.

The other kids and I probably won't go for a visit until this evening. It seems to work better when Sicily is one-on-one or just with adults. The presence of her sweet yet "busy" older brother Elias sometimes makes for a little chaos, so we won't over expose her. Plus, I have no idea what her numbers are right now so her immune system could already be compromised.

Sicily is really enjoying the fact that she can call home anytime she wants. She's already called home three times this morning to report different things. I love picking up the phone and hearing, "Hi mommy!" Makes me so happy to hear that sweet little voice!

Well, laundry duty is still calling so I'd better get busy. Sicily did call to request that I bring her more socks to the hospital. ; ) Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!