View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #200
Jsavard
Matboard Maniac

This year I baked and made tins to give as gifts, I also made recipe file folders and typed out my favorite recipes and printed them off and put them in folders for my children, I tried to add little stories with the recipes, some special memories attached to who made them, how we enjoyed them etc. For a special friend who is a stamper like me, I made her an emergency embellishment kit. I used a large stampin up case decorated it with paper and called it Pat's Emergency Embelliishment Kit. I then filled it with Vintage pictures I had collected, One folder for everyday and the other for Christmas. Then I added a collection of ribbons, matching bows, brads, glue and glitter, flowers,and hodgepodge hardware, I cut out shapes with my SU punches and nesties and included these also. She was really touched with my gift. I made several boxes of miscellaneous cards for hostess gifts. I also made some post it note gift items for a few of my friends, the trick will be to come up with new ideas for next year, so this post will be great. I love the ideas and hope to incoporate some of them for next year.