View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #589
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

I am finally feeling down and depressed. I am having surgery on Monday to repair a meniscus tear to the core on my 'good' knee. It has been so painful. I guess all the pain from everything is taking its toll on me.

I was up most of the night with Mark as he has another partial intestinal blockage and was in such pain. He has learned how to throw up everything that is causing pressure on the blockage. It is such a horrible sound to hear him try and bring up what may be far down in the intestine. It's jell-o again. The doctors have no clue what to do. They never expected him to survive this long and he is in a no man's land. It is happening about very 10 days now.

And then I found a small lump on my mastectomy side yesterday. I see my PC for my pre-op for surgery and will ask him about it today. It is close to the surgical site and I am hoping it is some form of scar tissue gone astray.

I need to get strength and over this 'down' feeling and will ask my DR about that too. I just hate adding another medication when I already take 9 meds. The neuropathy is out of control too.

I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself and for Mark. I know there are others with a lot more problems and I have to get myself back into a positive mode. My surgery will need a lot of PT and I just am so tired.

Mark has surgery scheduled in Feb. to correct his Dupetrens on his hand. So he will be in a splint for about a month. I will have to help him take care of his stomas. I don't mind that but he will feel like he can't take care of himself again.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!