Thread: Copic Chatter
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #137
crazed
Inking Addict

Just a few Q's perhaps some can help with. I'm also really new to copics and hope I didnt waste my money cause I'm SOOO not an artist, but also really wanted to at least try to play with these (I'm not a sewer either, but my incredible sewing machine kind of makes me look like one )!

I've been reading Marianne's blog and it's awesome. I'm such a newbie tho there are a few things I dont completely understand. First she mentioned "cleaning" your copics by using Hand Sanitizer? I'm assuming she means if you've done some coloring and have had some bleeding from a stamped ink source? So then what do you do? I also saw somewhere she mentioned just using an absorbent source of paper and draw a few lines to hopefully get the ink out (again if I'm understanding correctly). I purchased my first set of Copics from ebay - probably a mistake. They were advertised as new, but suspect they may have been "demonstrator markers" as many of the lighter colored nibs have darker ink on them. Live and learn (this DOES need to be a sticky) cause by the time I purchased a few others on sale elsewhere, they were only slightly more than the "supposed good deal" I got on ebay. I'm sure they'll be fine but just wanted to clarify the "care" aspect. Marianne's blog is amazing and I went back and started at the beginning. Need to spend some time unencumbered by little ones crawling all over me wanting to "test" my pen collection I esp need to find the tutorial I think she did on "coloring 101".... DEF ME!!

And I'm sorry.. these are such silly basics, but what do folks use the wide end of the sketch for mostly (backgrounds?)... and is the best way to get good (even) coverage to use circular motion quickly?

And then in this "blender pre-soaking" tutorial she mentions several things I'm not quite understanding..:

http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/200...ender-pre.html

I doubt this is something I would do, but I'm just trying to understand.. When she talks about a "juicy" pen, I"m assuming that means one well filled with ink? And that the ink has been heavily applied? Maybe I'm over-thinking things, and just need to play, but was wondering if anyone could elaborate? Thanks!

Leigh
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!