View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #178
clsmith
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin' Sooz View Post
I'm subbing to keep me motivated this year!

Here's an idea I used this Christmas that someone my like . . . I have 3 great nephews and 1 great niece aged 5 and 6 years. I made them paper craft baskets . . . sorry, no pics but I'll describe . . .

I picked up some little plastic baskets and long frames at the $$ store (the frames had a mat in them for three photos side by side but the mat can be removed. I got colored pencils, markers and glue sticks at the before school sales. I added a spool of ribbon (the kind that goes on sale for 4/$1 all the time).

I included three craft kits --
1) the makings for 6 cards with envelopes. White card stock for the card bases then solid color card stock for the fronts, then patterned paper, another solid to mat a pre-stamped image and a pre-stamped sentiment. I used line stamps so they could color in the images. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Making cards is lots of fun. Please send us one when you are done."
2) the makings for a name frame. A piece of DP the size of the frame, die-cut letters to spell each of their names, die cuts and stickers in a theme to match the DP, some ribbon, a few buttons and brads. I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Put these bits into the frame And make something that spells your name."
3) the makings for a snowman decoration. A rectangular piece of chipboard, a piece of felt the same size (both pre-punched with holes to thread ribbon through for hanging), several layers of solid and patterned paper and a stamped image of a snowman (again, a line stamp that could be colored). I bagged up all the pieces and put on a topper that said "Winter won't be ending soon, So make a decoration for your room."
This sounds like a great idea. I like this and this will keep them busy! TFS
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!