View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #108
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2008 11:11 AM, CST

Good Tuesday greetings,

Sicily had her seventh of eleven radiation treatments this morning. Yesterday afternoon, her siblings got to watch her get her treatment. Of course, Elias was most impressed with the "out of this world, space age radiation machine," for lack of a better term to call it. He thought it was pretty awesome. It should be for 4.2 million...some of which we will be paying for...but it will be worth it in the long run.

When I asked our radiologist last week just out of curiosity how much a massive medical monster like that cost, she reported the price tag, but in typical female fashion became excited when she added, "but we got a 25% discount!" Whoa-Who!!! Who can brag that they saved a million dollars on a "necessary purchase?" Dr. Lisa Syzik can!!! You go girl! I found humor in that!

Sicily is still living out the answered prayers that are being sent upwards...she seems to be feeling good and her counts today were 3300. We couldn't ask for more! She loves being here at her cousins house...two more people to entertain and play with. And they don't fight with her like her siblings! They all get along together really good, though. It's fun!

I think I'll need to take a nap with Sicily today as her treatment was at 6:50 and I'm presumming we'll both be a little on the tired side. Of course I always say I'll take a nap, and then never do. I guess there's some comfort in knowing I can if I want to...not like if I really wanted to and didn't have the opportunity. It's a mental thing, I guess.

Tomorrow is another treatment and then we'll head home to celebrate the upcoming new year together as a family. We have so much to celebrate and be thankful for and I pray for 2009 to be as special and faith strengthening for myself and my family as this past year was. And for all our friends, as well. God is good!!!

Next week, on Thursday, will be our first inpatient treatment...so I'll be soliciting for strength prayers a little early!

Love you all,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!