Thread: Copic Chatter
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
cjbapp
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cjbapp

Ohh...it would be fun if there was a *STICKY* Copic thread...I see tons of the same questions over and over...and I actually had a question myself today and couldn't find the answer on the ilikemarkers blog.

I also use Memento Ink and PTI paper...it's my favorite combo, though I have had good luck with Brilliance too, and even SU Basic Gray Ink works fine if I am careful and don't go over any lines. I have gotten a few images on swaps that were not PTI CS and they colored ok, but I notice that the colors are a bit muted on thin paper.

I have about 130 markers now, and a list of about a dozen more that I have been waiting to come in stock, and at this point I think I am about done. I have all the shades I love, and possibly may find that I need one or two down the road, but my collection seems to be just about perfect for what I do.

I tried a 2nd Making Memories Carousel (Susan...) and really hated it for my markers...they fell over in the larger spaces and it was too high to see the ends to choose colors when I was sitting at the table. I returned it and went with a Magpie cubby unit on the wall. I have a jar where I add what colors I am using and set that on the table...I am short on work space as it is, so this works better!

On a side note...Ellen Hutson's has copics for $4 with the 20% off code...COUNTLESS Still not the colors I am waiting for though. I usually buy from creativeplaystamps.com since they carry a lot of other items I use and free shipping over $50 with a freebie thrown in is GREAT!! I love Oozak, but they are always out of stock.

Now for my question...

Are Copic Original and Sketch nibs interchangeable?? I would love to swap out my broad tips for fine round tips.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!