Thread: Copic Chatter
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #9
cuppymouse
Rubber Obsessor

Default Dick Blick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieN56 View Post
I had only been able to purchase what my local Hobby Lobby had for markers, but over Xmas, I persuaded my DH to take me to a Dick Blick store in Chicago. It was my first time seeing a full display, but now I know that they are available there, I will be able to occasionally check out some of the colors in person.
Oooh, you are by me! In case you did not know this, if you go to "store locations" on the Dick Blick website, it will let you sign up for email, and they email % off coupons occassionally. They are usually 30% off, but I recently got a 40% off. You can print multiples and you and your hubby can each purchase with a coupon at the North Ave store, and you can run up while he illegally waits downstairs (parking is a loser) in the Loop store. Over the course of a weekend, one can amass quite a few 40% off markers. Hypothetically, of course. It is a great deal, even with our terrible tax, and depending on the direction you are coming from, there are suburban stores to add in as well.

If you are a teacher or student, you also get their membership free (normally $10/year). This also gets you coupons and 10% off full price purchases. I personally do not think it's worth the $10 (since I prefer waiting to use the 30% or 40% off coupons), but I teach so get it for free, and am happy to use the coupons when they send them! I started with the Dick Blick custom manga set of 24, which IMO is a nice set as sets go, esp if you can get it with a coupon.

Say hi if you make another trip down here. If there's a coupon, I will doubtless be there, Copic color chart in hand. LOVE Dick Blick!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!