View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #1
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via AIM to Lynn in St. Louis
Default TLC200 Faux Silk with a POP

Today's technique is so easy but such a wonderful way to get a POP out of a timeless technique. I saw this technique demonstrated by Ann Clemmer a/k/a You Betcha!. Ann's blog Stamper.Dog has been a source of fantastic video tutorials done in an entertaining way that keeps me coming back for more time and time again. To view Ann's video tutorial on this great technique, CLICK HERE.

If you are on dial-up or have difficulty watching videos on your PC, I'll try to describe the technique.

Here is what you will need for today's technique:
  • Cardstock
  • Ink
  • Stamps
  • Gift bag tissue paper
  • Two Way Glue Stick or your favorite type of glue stick
Step One. Cut your tissue a little bigger than the piece of cardstock that you will use to adhere it onto.

Step Two: Stamp your image onto the tissue paper and let the ink dry before moving onto step three.

Step Three: Wad up the tissue into a ball getting lots of crinkles. Then gentle unroll the wadded ball of tissue. CAREFUL - don't tear it. Next - spread out the tissue, leaving some of the wrinkles visible. This will help achieve the faux silk effect.

Step Four: Stamp the same image onto a piece of white or very light colored cardstock.

Step Five: Using paper snips (sharp, small blade scissors) cut out the portion of your image that you want to POP.

Step Six: Take your colored cardstock and apply your glue stick to the entire surface. Now lay your white cut-out onto the cardstock and place the tissue on top - aligning the images. Press your tissue paper onto the glue covered cardstock, and be sure to leave in the little wrinkles. You can either trim off the excess tissue from the sides, but it's just as easy, and gives the piece a more finished look, if you just fold the extra tissue around the cardstock and stick the edges down on the backside of the cardstock.

Now you can finish your card as desired.

To view my sample of this technique, CLICK HERE.

To view Ann's fabulous sample, CLICK HERE.

For ALL of the Faux Silk with a POP creations, CLICK HERE.

Don't forget to use the keyword TLC200 (no spaces) when you upload your card.

Hint for next week: Fold, Fold, Fold. (HA!)

Attention all Challenge Lovers: Have you seen THIS? To find all of the daily challenges, just CLICK HERE. I'm sure that each and every day will get your creative juices flowing.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas, and if you don't celebrate Christmas, may you be just as warmed with well wishes during these winter days - with the love of family and friends.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!