View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #585
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklee View Post
Oh my gosh! I am a completely new member and I joined JUST so I could send a message to Sammie! I've been reading for a while and stumbled on this thread and couldn't stop reading.

Please, please hang in there! You sound so wonderful and strong and inspirational! My best wishes and prayers are sent your way! Is there any way I can get your address so I can send you something special? I haven't figured out the pm stuff yet, I'm a big doofus on the computer. I'm lucky I got this far. But I had to offer my support!

Please let us know how you are doing, Sammie and Mark. On this Thanksgiving eve your story makes me very thankful for the blessings I have.

Get well soon!
Thanks so much for the well wishes.

We are traveling to Portland OR right after Christmas to see the kids and grand kids. I thought because we are all going to be there that we need a large family picture taken. You never know when one could be missing in the next year. That should be fun - there are 15 of us with the youngest 3.

I am having more problems again. But what is new. I will have surgery on January 12th for a nasty torn meniscus in my GOOD knee. At least it was my good knee. It is so very painful. I could have had surgery late this month but then I couldn't go and see the kids. So I will just have to deal with the pain for a couple more weeks.

I am having a lot of chest pain on the mastectomy side (right side). I am not worried about my heart but am a little worried about the pain. I see my DR. for that sometime in Feb. The mastectomy mound side is ice cold all the time. I called and he said that this is normal. Weird. One side nice and warm and the other cold.

Mark has never worried about his cancer returning but I am so different. It is in my mind a lot. I have stopped reading about triple negative breast cancers as that just makes me worry more. The thing that gets me is that my oncologist says other than blood work and mammograms; there is nothing they can do. If they did a PET scan, he said no matter the size of a growth or tumor, I would still be a 'stage 4'. I should say that I will have an MRI once a year as the mammos are totally worthless for me. I had a 4.5 cm cancer and the mammo 3 days before my surgery couldn't see it. The ultra sound saw a part of it.

Mark will have hand surgery for his Dupetrens syndrome in mid Feb. Hopefully I'll be able to drive then as he will be in a splint for weeks. But he is a good one handed driver if I remember our dating years.

I want to wish every one Happy Holidays or Happy Solstice or Hanukkah or what ever you celebrate if you do.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!