View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #93
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2008 09:15 AM, CST

Good Tuesday morning,

Kids received another gift today...school canceled again. We found out last night as the school system has a network in place that makes automated phone calls. Nice to know ahead of time.

Patrick and I will be taking Sicily to OKC this afternoon for an appointment with Dr. Meyer, her oncologist. They called yesterday and squeezed us in today. My heart and mind are both heavy right now. Since we've been home, life has felt like old times. It's sobering to come back to reality and remember we still have a long road ahead of us. I'm very anxious for today's visit as we have had no clue as to what protocol for chemo treatment Sicily will be on.

The current protocol (UH-1) was suspended due to it's high level of toxicity...in other words, it was so strong it was lethal to some children. Don't quote me on the numbers, but of the 53 or so children who were on it, three died and about six had life threatening complications. That's too much! So, we'll hopefully find out this afternoon.

Please pray for us to have a safe trip as the roads are still icy and slick in spots. We will be careful! I'll report back when we arrive home this evening. Get your gum ready!

Love to you all!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!