View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #91
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2008 03:42 PM, CST

Hello,

Sorry...I haven't been on the computer much today. I've been putting Christmas presents in boxes and trying to organize things around here...and entertain Miss Sicily!

The older kids are going to help me wrap presents tomorrow night. They are so excited. I love wrapping presents...it's somewhat theraputic for me, but this year I'm so far behind I'm going to need their help! And they are more than willing. I just hope the right labels get on the right presents or it could be an interesting Christmas morning.

I have to share a funny little story about Elias, our smart witted seven year old son. When I've asked him what he wants for Christmas, his reply has been "a dirt bike." I usually role my eyes and ask what else is on his little mental Christmas list. One day, after getting the same answer to my question, I finally replied, "Elias, dirt bikes are very expensive!" With that comment, he gave me a look and shot back, "Mom, it's FREE...Santa would bring it to me...DUH!" How stupid of me!

Despite Santa's potential generosity in this little boys eyes, I still had to burst his bubble ant tell him that Santa would not bring him something that his parents didn't want him to have. My simple reply..."they're just too dangerous!" I sound like the mother from The Christmas Story..."You'll shoot your eye out!" Bless his heart, he still hasn't given up, though. Hope come Christmas morning he is not too disappointed, but I've prepared him for the reality of the situation! I asked if he would be content with receiving a surprise, and he said he would...we'll just have to wait and see! ; ) What a stinker!

Sicily is really doing well today. She seems like her old self. Her head is covered with a soft light colored fuzz...I hate that once chemo resumes it will all disappear again. Still don't know yet what's next. Guess the doctor's are in no rush, I'd just like to know! Patience is being practiced once more!

So glad it's the weekend. Time for some good family togetherness!!! Everyone have a great Friday evening!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!