View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #341
Stef
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
I think we're having pork chops. However I'm at a loss as to how to fix them. And what to have for sides.
DH ONLY likes them done with Shake & Bake...I get a little tired of them that way.

My dad used to season and sear them, then add cream of mushroom soup, milk, and fresh mushrooms and let it simmer for a bit (30 min or so). Then, it always seemed to pair best with mashed potatoes, since it had the yummy mushroom-gravy.

Tonight I'm making lasagna. Instead of a huge pan, I'm making it in a few of those cheap aluminum throw-away style bread pans so we can eat one tonight and I'll freeze the rest for after the baby gets here.

A trick I'll share with you about the lasagna...a good friend of mine owns a restaurant and told me to add an extra cup of liquid to my sauce (either water or broth, whichever you prefer) and DON"T cook the noodles beforehand. Make your layers, as usual, and bake until hot and bubbly. THE TRICK IS:DON"T use the oven-ready noodles, just use the regular noodles. To me, sometimes the oven ready ones end up with a weird texture... Somehow, doing it this way always seems to work out perfectly.