View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #332
My3LittleGirls
Stampin' Fool

Default I made this last night

I copied an email I sent to some of my friends/family. I'm STILL cracking up at what my 7yr old dd said - she was the first one to the table and began praying by herself. I was the only one who heard this, as she was praying somewhat to herself.

Read on:

Hi! I tried this recipe tonight and everyone in my family liked it (of those that were willing to try it, that is. someone will be trying it for breakfast). You know how picky children can be. The girls and I placed bets on whether Todd would need ketchup on it; sure enough, he did (and not because it wasn't good!) Thought I would share it with you. I left out the jalapeņos & cayenne pepper and substituted shredded cheddar for processed cheese. I found it on Allrecipes.com.
The best part was at the end of the meal prayer Gabrielle said, "Dear Lord, please help me eat this soup because it looks gross but I want it to taste good, Amen."
~Enjoy~
Kelly
(yes, Gabrielle liked it!)

Cheeseburger Soup

"Wonderful soup for those cold, rainy or snowy days! My family absolutely loves this hearty soup. The warming zip of cayenne gives it a taste all its own. This is also excellent to reheat in the microwave for a fast meal."

PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 35 Min
READY IN 55 Min

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
2 carrots, grated
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
1 pound ground beef
2 1/2 cups milk, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 pound processed American cheese, cubed
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Sprinkle salt and bouillon over the mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain.
Stir cooked beef and 2 cups milk into the soup and heat through. Combine remaining 1/2 cup milk with flour, stirring until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted. Season with cayenne.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!