View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #316
Josephsmom04
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
Just sayin'...the best way to pop that child out is to eat a huge meal.

With my last one, I was a week past my due date and SO ready to be done. At the time, I was on a mailing list for knitters and asked advice there. Some people said they swore by castor oil (though my midwife warned me against that one...she said it did indeed work, but you spent a miserable time on the toilet during your labor and I didn't want to go there!) Others swore by the big heavy meal. I figured, oh, what the heck. I was so over being pregnant!

So we went to Old Country Buffet and I ate as much as I could cram in, which wasn't much, compared to what I might have been able to manage non-pregnant. I have a hard time eating too much at those kinds of places anyway...something about way too much food being available makes my appetite shrink.

I have to say that it worked, because i went into labor about 22 hours later. Good luck with that!

Tonight I was going to make meatloaf, but instead, it will be porcupines, since DH is recording tonight and doesn't want something that's going to haunt him later, LOL!

I've heard of the caster oil too, not too sure that I really want to do that. Labor is dirty enough.

I will just have to go and eat my Mexican Village food again do see if I can get anything going- worked last time with Joey.

I have an appointment tomorrow- we'll see if any of the walking and swimming that I've been doing has made anything progress.

Otherwise I may just have to go on the neighbors trampoline- they still have it up
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!