View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #313
JanTInk
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
I'm that way too- hence the now shopping for two weeks. And you know how close we are to a grocery store.

Tonight is Breakfast...

Ham steak, some kind of eggs (made to order) and either pancakes or french toast.

I have been asking Jesse if I can get out to shovel to see if I can get my labor started- that was a HUGE NO.

Now why is it, that when I'm not pregnant that I can do all of the mowing and blowing I want, but when I'm HUGE and uncomfortable and want this baby out he won't let me do it?!?!?!
Just sayin'...the best way to pop that child out is to eat a huge meal.

With my last one, I was a week past my due date and SO ready to be done. At the time, I was on a mailing list for knitters and asked advice there. Some people said they swore by castor oil (though my midwife warned me against that one...she said it did indeed work, but you spent a miserable time on the toilet during your labor and I didn't want to go there!) Others swore by the big heavy meal. I figured, oh, what the heck. I was so over being pregnant!

So we went to Old Country Buffet and I ate as much as I could cram in, which wasn't much, compared to what I might have been able to manage non-pregnant. I have a hard time eating too much at those kinds of places anyway...something about way too much food being available makes my appetite shrink.

I have to say that it worked, because i went into labor about 22 hours later. Good luck with that!

Tonight I was going to make meatloaf, but instead, it will be porcupines, since DH is recording tonight and doesn't want something that's going to haunt him later, LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!