View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #77
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This morning's update

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 06, 2008 10:00 AM, CST

Morning,
I spoke with Patrick a bit this morning and he reported that Sicily has been making those long awaited "sounds," finally, but has started coughing and bringing up a little gunk. Sounds like it's related to her cough and not her stomach so the doctor's are writing the order to pull the ng tube and start her on liquids today. Let's pray everything goes like clock work. We're due for something to happen as it's supposed to.

I'm in Broken Arrow with the other kiddos and we had planned on being back in OKC by now, but we had a little incident last night...our beloved kitty, Stowie, went missing. I think I could audition for the next "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective!" After much stress, searching and tears, we found her...in our attic. Apparently, Corinthian had gone into the attic, which his closet has direct access to through a door, to briefly look for something, even though we have told all the kids it is OFF LIMITS. Stowie must have slipped in behind him without him seeing her. We searched inside and out and were pretty much in despair. I couldn't fathom having to tell Sicily that the little kitty she loves so much, her motivation to come home, was gone.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep unless I figured out what had happened to her, so I kept returning to the attic and I noticed what looked like little paw prints going along the top of the air duct tubing. But that ended in about twelve feet of blown insulation. I had Corinthian get me a yard stick as I tried to balance on the two by fours and started to search through the eighteen inches of white fluff...nothing. I continued search outside in the cold but kept returning to the attic as that had to be the only place she could be. My fear was that she could have fallen down between walls or something and was stuck. I was close to giving up when a little head appeared way far in the back of the attic where there was only sheet rock and no insulation. I yelled, "I found her and she's alive," as we were expecting the worst!

I could tell Stowie wasn't going to try to jump as I think she had previously fell into the white abise...Valerie and Ethel had reported hearing a loud thump over the kitchen earlier. Corinthian and I ran to the garage and brought up some flattened moving boxes and laid them out for her to walk across. She was very skiddish and cautious, but as soon as she got close enough to me, I grabbed her by the tail. Kitty rescued...lesson learned...NOBODY goes into the attic!!! Especially the kitty!!!

Disaster was avoided and I went and crawled into the bathtub after that! I'm now working on the laundry I had planned to get done last night instead of putting my detective skills to work. All those years of watching Law and Order paid off! I'm pretty proud of myself, I have to say.

So, we are going to be delayed in returning to OKC, but that's okay. I'll post more later on if Sicily gets to start her new diet. Thanks for all the prayers...we feel them!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!