View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #76
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

UPDATE

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 05, 2008 01:46 PM, CST

Good Afternoon,

So far, so good today. Sicily's ng tube has been without suction (clamped) for quite some time. Actually longer than what was planned as it seems the little pump controlling the suction didn't work during the night. She's done well and has not complained of pain or nausea, so we are optimistically hopeful.

She and daddy are headed out the door for another walk. Anything to stimulate her bowels...she did have a very small movement this morning...we're still waiting for something more substantial. We're hoping for popsicles later on. The doctors are busy in surgery so it may be awhile.

I'm heading back to Broken Arrow this afternoon so I can bring back our other kiddos in the morning so they can spend time with their little sis. It feels strange to have not seen them in five days, but when I talked to Corinthian on the phone the other evening and asked him how things are going, he replied, "fantastic!" Another blessing in a long line of blessings we've learned to be thankful for during such a difficult time...our other three kids have been able to spend quality time with many different family members and they have been made to feel very special.

We are attending a Christmas party this Sunday afternoon sponsored by the OCCA (Oklahoma Childrens Cancer Association). It's such a sweet thing. Santa Claus will be there and presents will be given to the cancer patients as well as their siblings. They had me fill out a simple wish list for each child. Makes the sisters and brothers feel just as special as the patient. We'll be wheeling Sicily over to the party, along with her double wide trailer.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Especially looks like Christmas in our hospital room. It's funny how word gets out about a "pink Christmas tree!" We've had several extra visitors, nurses mainly. I think it puts a smile on everyone's face who sees it!

We are watching our own 24 hour marathon of "The Christmas Story"...per Sicily's request. I brought the DVD with me, and no, I'm not sorry I did. Right now I love anything "Christmassy" and this movie has always made me laugh...even on the 200th viewing!

Well, we're waiting for "team doctor" as Patrick refers to the group of surgeon fellows and medical students who pay us a visit twice a day. Maybe they can get the popsicles scooted our way. Sicily is now relaxing on the fold out couch/bed. She'll probably not spend another second in her hospital bed now that she has migrated over this way. One more step to normalcy!

I'm going to be heading out soon, so I'll journal later if we hear anything more. Everyone have a nice Friday evening!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!