View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #71
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Update

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 03, 2008 05:14 PM, CST

Hello...it's Kerry.

We've had a pretty uneventful afternoon. Except for just now...mommy and daddy took Sicily for a walk and when we were lifting her back into bed, her accessed port just fell out. So we are waiting for the Emla cream to take affect and numb her skin before they re-access her port.

Her port is very, very important. It's how she is receiving all her fluids, antibiotics and pain killers. Sort of her life line.

This was our first walk down the hall since the second surgery. She did pretty good. She is not in the best of spirits, but who would be after all she has been through. It takes two of us to walk her as her IV tower, tree, or ball and chain...what ever you want to call that thing is the size of a double wide trailer. It's quite a monster. But we manage.

We pretty much are expecting to be in the hospital for quite some time...the doctors hope she can start taking in fluids by Sunday. Considering this is only Wednesday, that sounds so far away.

I will be traveling to Wellington Tuesday evening for a benefit in Sicily's honor that the high school Honor Society is having. Our old babysitter, Katie McComb, called us several weeks ago to tell us what they were doing. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it, but I'm going to do my best. I think it is so sweet and special. I'll be ready for a break from this environment for a little bit. I need to see some old faces in friendly places!

Sicily and daddy are blowing bubbles right now and we're "discussing" who gets to stay the night tonight. It's actually my turn but daddy says he is staying and Sicily says daddy is staying...maybe we'll both end up staying.

Sicily's heart rate is still higher than what the doctors want to see, but there really isn't an explanation as to what is causing it. We're all just keeping an eye on it. And still no movement from the bowel area even though they say they can hear them moving.

Everyone have a good evening. We'll try to do the same.

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!