View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 06:23 AM   #66
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This morning's post.

MONDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2008 08:41 AM, CST

Morning,
Sicily and I were able to sleep off and on through the night. She was restless despite the meds she was on, but they wanted her to be easy to awake when needed. Her little tummy looks better than I thought it would, not very distended. Doctors are pleased with that, too.

About twenty minutes ago, she was exacerbated (sp?) and I know that makes her a lot more comfortable. We couldn't believe the first thing that came out of her mouth...she had us laughing and crying at the same time...she said, "I'm brave!" Even the doctor said that was a tear jerker.

She has been talking to the nurses and so far has told them that she has a cat and a scooter at home and she wants to go home. I pray to God that we are truly going to be on our way to healing this time! I'm hoping to be able to talk to the nephrologist sometime today about what to expect with her 2/3 kidney.

Sicily is currently doing fine in the urine department, so that is good, but her blood pressure and heart rate have been elevated since this last surgery. Dr. Puff said that that is normal considering the surgery she just completed, but still wants the kidney expert to weigh in on it.

We're expecting Patrick and the kids in for a visit here shortly, so I'd better go. I'll keep posting whenever we find out other bits of news. Keep the prayers rolling...they're working!

Love,
Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!