View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #64
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

SICILY IS NOW IS SURGERY BECAUSE OF A BOWEL OBSTRUCTION - PLEASE PRAY.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2008 04:47 PM, CST

Hi all...it's Kerry. At about 4:00pm Sicily was rolled back into surgery. Her CT scan showed that she has a mechanical bowel obstruction. I forgot the medical term for it, but her bowel has basically telescoped on itself.

She also has several abscesses (sp) which have been explained as pockets of infection somewhere around the area of her liver and pancreas. They are not sure if they will be able to get to the right kidney to perform the nephrectomy, but if things go well, they may try. Otherwise, Sicily will have to have a third surgery soon.

I'm a little on the numb side right now. Things have happened so fast today that I haven't even had time to process it all. I made it back to the hospital a little after 3:00. We have no idea how long this surgery will take. I guess I am just partly relieved that they were able to figure out what was going on with her constant vomiting. I'm praying extra hard that they will be able to remove her kidney so as not to have to go through this again.

Apparently, Sicily has a very temperamental bowel system...who'd of thunk? Patrick just came in...everything is going good. The abscess turned out to be old blood, they've removed the kidney...things are happening fast...I'll post more later.

Love you all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!