View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #57
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This evening's update - thank you all so much for your prayers.

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2008 05:54 PM, CST

Evening,

Sicily has been getting the drug Reglan since yesterday evening. The GI doctor wants to give it the possible 72 hours it may take for it to start to work. That means we will sit around and wait until Friday evening to see if it works. If it doesn't, we'll go from there, maybe do a scope. I'm praying for a rapid response because we need out of here before the next go around.

Dr. Meyer also came in this afternoon and confirmed that we will be going ahead with the surgery, as we pretty much already knew. He said he consulted with Dr. Dome in Washington DC and the consensus among the surgeons and pathologists was the same, remove the remaining right kidney.

Nothing really new to report except the GI doctor did write an order to let Sicily have some clear liquids as long as we keep the suction on the ng tube...she's already had a red popsicle and it immediately started coming up the tube. This doctor finally said what I've been saying for days...if the ng tube is in with suction, whatever liquid goes in will be sucked right back out! Yeah for this doctor!

I'm going to stay the night with Sicily tonight. If you're wondering if it feels depressing to be in the hospital over the holidays...I won't lie...it definitely does! It stinks!!! It doesn't even feel like Thanksgiving to me! I just want to go home and cook in my own kitchen and sleep in my own bed and soak in my own bathtub. I actually want to do laundry because that is something normal! Staying at my sister's house has been an absolute blessing, but there comes a time when you can't help but feel you are infringing, no matter what they say! I want our life back! But this leg of the journey is going to be rough!

Recovering again from another surgery is more than I want to think about right now! Then radiation, and then more chemo...more powerful chemo. Her next protocol may require her to be inpatient just to receive the chemo, haven't been told how that all goes down. Her numbers may drop more drastically and she may need to be hospitalized for that. I'm going to have to work hard to get myself geared up for what's to come.

I guess I'm just having a bad evening and I'm letting everything get to me! I pray everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving and please be thankful for everything you have! You never know what tomorrow may bring!

Kerry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!